Monday, February 11, 2008

Getting started

I was determined to get cleaned out on the inside. I did Salt Water Flushes every morning for three days, flushing through me at least 3 quarts of warm water with 2 tsps sea salt per quart. (The recommendation is just 1 quart of warm water with 2 tsps sea salt). It works well! I drank fresh squeezed grapefruit and lemon juice for hydration. Then I moved on to some fruit and a bit of greens. I am starting to enjoy the high that comes from the foods or from fasting (or from being), more than the tastes from foods. For example, I look forward to squeezed lemon juice over cucumbers and tomatoes for the whole refreshing experience of it.

I am also making new personal bests! 102 sit-ups and 75 push-ups on the knees. 187 lying leg-lifts. I did "the plank," where you hold the push-up position but rest on your elbows, for 2 minutes 30 seconds. I did the "wall sit" for 4 minutes 5 seconds. I am also really enjoying taking my run-walk cycles out on the high school track. The wind, sun, and greenery are my friends.

Jungle Janie's Story with pictures
I am inspired to see great quality produce :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 7th day fasting. Do you think all this stuff is fun, it's not to me, but I do feel clean and light and my life is put into persepective, facing things I fight for exzample. Email me sometimes.

suvine@suvine.com